Most time when we Insert any Removable Device through the USB Port of our PC, it is advice able to Remove it using the System Tools or Option on the Task bar before Removing it from the USB Port, Most people don't see this Step as something important or they Forget to do so, that's why most USB Device get Corrupted.
You can create shortcut to safely remove hardware device on you
Desktop which is more visible and can be easily used to remove the
hardware devices plugged to your PC.
HOW TO CREATE A DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO SAFELY REMOVE PLUGGED IN HARDWARES
1. Right click on your Desktop and Click on New.
2. Now click on Shortcut option from the list.
3. In the browse location just Paste in the below code and click on Next button.
4. Now it will ask you to Name the shortcut. Name it something like Safety Remove USB and then click on the Finish button
5. There should be a shortcut icon on your Desktop just double click on it and your external media will be Removed Safely.
Tips:- This Tutorial works well on Window XP, Vista and other Version of Windows OS!